Raising Up Change-makers
More Than A Plan — A Vision!
Love Akron, a champion of great causes and a catalyst for change, is uniquely designed to lead this movement. Motivated by our faith — and by coupling our firm foundation with new leadership, partners and messaging, Love Akron is positioned to accelerate our next steps.
To launch these initiatives and continue all of our services to Greater Akron, we still need to raise $350,000 over the next 15 months.
- The Least of These
- In collaboration with RAHAB Ministries, we will help mobilize all sectors of Greater Akron as RAHAB launches their transitional housing program.
- Alongside Summit County Children’s Services, Love Akron will help rally and educate the community to care for the more than 800 kids in foster care.
- Mental Health and Wellness Initiative
- Love Akron will collaborate Red Oak Behavioral Health, Grief-Recovery with Summa Health, and other organizations to change the culture of mental health so that those in need in Greater Akron will receive the care and support they deserve, all while addressing misinformation and raising awareness on such an important issues.
- United through Love
- With the partnership of Garden City Church, the Honorable Tom Parker, 100 Black Men of Akron, and other groups, we will help build a bridge to racial healing — with love and respect for each other as equals. We’ll convene change-makers in Greater Akron to address the personal, organizational, and cultural implications of race on our city.
Love Akron has more than a plan — we have a vision! One of strength, resiliency and unity for Greater Akron. And it’s your time to shine.
Join us in the calling to Love Akron and empower our city to thrive. We cannot do it without you. Please give generously today! Let’s continue moving Akron from isolated to integrated — from silos to strength!
“Learn to do good; seek justice, correct oppression; bring justice to the fatherless, and please the widow’s cause.” Isaiah 1:17